Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Something following just ahead

Just a poem today, with spring poised to erupt in its burgeon of flowers.

Old Under Trees

After rain I will move
yellow in the sun
that ripens beneath trees
my crutches
too embarrassed
to walk beside

I will stop
turn to see nothing
and no one there
thinking I heard
my name or something
following just ahead

I will be seen
by someone
in an office window
younger and more spry
than I ever remembered
still forty-something perhaps

able to stop a moment
wonder how it will be
to move so slowly
in sun beneath trees
after the rain
stopping stopping

then move slowly on
more clouds gathering
behind the sun
no sign for Noah
anywhere to be seen
hanging in air.


Joseph Gallo
April 1998

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous parried...

You're a damn genious. Seriously.

March 02, 2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Genius? . . . well, I dunno.
I am damn "serious."

I'll give you that. ;-)

March 02, 2005 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home