Thursday, June 29, 2006

Someone in some future time

 photo Nicole-Does-Dali.jpg

You may forget, but let me tell you this: Someone in some future time will think of us. ~Sappho (c. 600 B.C. ~ Lesbos, Greece)

Slowly, Let Me See The Moon
While Dying
For Nicole

Broken moons bring good luck.

If this is written
in the burning eyes
of a starlorn lover,
her soul reflected
in the river
of her longing,
thrown high
into a glassy milk
of flowing nebulae,
tell her
space is necessary.

For such fires require room
to fan their brilliance
across the spectrums
of a dark and novan kiss.


Wounded suns bear their fire.

Move toward me,
if you will, slowly,
and let me see
the moon while dying
in the majestic breadth
of your stratified arms.

Tell her
it is there
I will shelter
in the eave
of the cosmos,
all creation
flashing above us,
together steeped
in this new surrender,
a surrender that bestows
the victory of Beauty,
the ever-blazing
eternal beauty
that forged
two souls
into


one.

Joseph Gallo
January 2003


 photo Nici-At-Eleven-62906.jpg

Happy 29th Birthday, Niggi

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

As there are no comments listed here after two weeks, I will make one.

I continue to love & miss Nicole. I sometimes ache for her company, her spirit & essence. Yet, I am slowly coming to a place in my inner landscape that has placed valleys and mountains and rivers away from the daily Herzeleid & Sehnsucht, the heartache & longing. This is the Balsam der Zeit, the balm of Time.

I wish Niggi happiness and the wonder of her unfolding life in the bright sphere of her youth. My love goes with you as yours remains with me. Farewell, my love, farewell.

July 15, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Joni parried...

And a warm hug for you as you stand in the place of true love ~ love given freely regardless of time or consequence, love flowing as it needs to in finding it's own level. I'm glad that you've found this place within yourself.

July 17, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

As in all things, time takes time.

Made By Love

The last time we made love, I trembled and wept. That was the last time I was made by love. I was alive in a dream that I was young and we were young again together.

As I have looked at the days of my time, there were days of death, days of life. All my days with you were days filled with life. Only the last one held that hint of what was never to remain or come again.

I said I loved you then.
I say I love you now.
I’ll say I love you always.

Thank you for loving me, for being my lover. Thank you for loving me for who I might have been, for who I was, for who I could never be. As I loved all the yous that you were and are, I love the yous you will become. Girl, woman, mother, matriarch.

There are few defining times in one’s life. You were one of those times. You are the time that stays with me until the end of it. You are the time that follows me into the everafter. You are as much of my soul as I am. You have enriched me beyond my ability to express it.

I said I loved you then.
I say I love you now.
I’ll say I love you always.

You were mine for a night and a night lasts forever. Letting go of your life will take me the rest of mine. The last time we made love, I trembled and wept. It was the last time I was made by love.

July 17, 2006 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home