Sunday, February 14, 2010

The loving states

Photobucket

Lözarn Valentine

The lovers walk, their every footfall
an exercise in cinching the bond,
invisible points where tendrils
stretch and strain along the body
in tender pressure variables that
move them apart, but not too apart,
and clumsily crash them together.

This couple are in Kapellplatz, she
in white, he in black, neither aware
I am watching a world away, spying
them gait their paired singularity,
noting how the muscles compensate
for cobbled terrain and the old stone
fountain before them, marvel at how
they negotiate the obstacle without
compromising the union, the loving
states that tell me they are lovers.

Joseph Gallo
February 14, 2010


Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

My friend Kyle (see his blog Metaphor linked here) posted the following comment which I accidentally deleted:

Very nice, Joseph. Steady eye. Where is Lozarn? All I've been able to learn is that there's a big festival with bands.

Here is my reply:

Lözarn is Luzern is Lucerne.

Switzerland, old city, beautiful city, quarter million residents, 70km south of Zurich, about an hour by train.

Lözarn is how the Swiss say and spell it. Old school; hardcore; the way it is.

Luzern is the second preferred spelling and pronunciation and is also the most popular. Even in Luzern.

Lucerne is the Americanized Anglais version so the touristas can say it, which I wholly disdain.

I just felt like using the old school version today, a first for me.

The big festival is Fasnacht, which I've written extensively about here at Drachenthrax. (Put Fasnacht in the blog search field and voila---photo essays appear).

Thanks for your comments, Kyle.
Hope this answers some of your questions.

February 14, 2010 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous parried...

I've missed you. I still read your lovely words and I stand inspired. Nadene

February 18, 2010 12:05 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Nadene: Hi honeypie! I've missed you too as you seem to rise and disappear as a sand dune at midnight in a blank sea of time.

Thank goodness for inspiration because everything inspires, doesn't it?

Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments, Nadene. Be well, my friend. ;-)

February 18, 2010 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home