Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The endless river that circles

Photobucket

All Tribes Are Mine

I claim them all, if none
will have me. All tribes
are mine. I claim them
in my afterbirth, my red
crown screaming, “How
have I come to this?”
before language made
its first imposition.

I claim all tribes by the
endless river that circles
the Earth in ceaseless
blood. I call everything
to kin from frog murmur
to bear cry. In the pale
shuddering of the sun and
the incendiary fan of the
moon, I proclaim breath
ties with all who would
have and not have me.

Photobucket

For I am of you, by you,
for you, in you, and you
cannot disclaim me. All
tribes are mine and I
claim you as such unto
the end of my brief days.

Joseph Gallo
May 27, 2010


Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown parried...

We'll have you, poet.

July 01, 2010 1:41 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Awww, thanks, Chief. I've no idea what this darn poem is about either. You know what I mean?

Sometimes they just have a line of their own . . .

July 01, 2010 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home