Sunday, November 30, 2014

That you may yet still

POST FINALE

 photo Alienocturne.jpg

Drachenthrax Farewell

To My Dear Readers

As with all things, there is a time to cease and dissolve. That time has arrived for the “terrible dragon” I created and named, Drachenthrax. It has been a journey documenting approximately one-sixth of my life, thus far, though it represents only a fraction of the total volume of my output during that time.

Much happens in the relatively small space of a decade. Within the pages of this 10-year archive, begun in November 2004 while living in Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge, is a collection of some 446 postings consisting primarily of poems along with accompanying photographs mostly of my own creation.

 photo Industry.jpg

Here can be found tributes to lost family, friends, and loved ones; over-indulgent paeans to endless longing as well as sentimental poems of love attained, feigned, and regained; photo essays and ranging remembrances of people, places, things.

Nature and animals feature prominently throughout this past decade as do forays into labyrinths of wonder, doubt, regret, conjecture, gratitude, loss, acceptance, and the many expansive vistas of personal success and failure.

A door closes, a window opens.

I will be building a new and proper website, under my own name, that will become a repository for future original music, art, and the written/spoken word. When complete and duly hosted, I will update this last posting with the embedded link should anyone stumble upon this blog and choose to follow this venture into its new web presence.

I wish to thank the many readers over the years who visited Drachenthrax and tendered their valuable time reading and perusing its pages. To date--whether purposely or by accident--there have been well over 37,000 visitors from around the world. It is my hope that some of you found respite and reflection here and that, from time to time, you may yet still.

I thank you all sincerely and hope to see you at the new website
sometime in 2015.

Joseph Gallo
November 30, 2014

 photo Pensword.jpg

2 Comments:

Blogger miamizsun parried...

joseph i hope you are well

all the best

jeff

May 19, 2015 7:11 AM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Jeff! My good buddy from FLA! I am well, my friend. How are you? Hoping life is your blossom.

May 23, 2015 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home