Monday, October 17, 2005

Horses to set to meadow

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She Looks Across

She looks across the terrain of what is to come. In this youthful season, there is no looking back. The river has run towards the sea far longer than she need grant it measure in her life. She has horses to set to meadow, forests that know her name in the darkness as well as the dawn.
Time lives in the nautilus of her womb as it does in the vastnesses that trail above her blond summer tresses. There will be many who will come to love her. She will choose among them for what some presence might bring. Or not.
She holds creation by the merest breath, and whatever comes to pass is hers to embrace. I have loved her with my imperfectness, held her briefly in the cherish of what lies between whatever happiness I've ever longed for and the starfires that make up our very atoms. It is all I carry of her now, the remembrance of how she felt in my soul's enhance. It will have to suffice.
She looks across the terrain of what is to come and there is a slight pleat of sadness there. As with every dear season, it is far too brief, too riverly, too seastruck to remain for long. Yet I see it, nonetheless. I see it and it breaks my heart with its cruel necessity.

Joseph Gallo
October 17, 2005

5 Comments:

Blogger edieraye parried...

You are so good at evoking emotion with your words. Although there is a sadness in the words there is also great love. Made me wish, hope, that someone looked at me that way once. You are a treasure, my friend!

October 17, 2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger Alexandra parried...

What a beauty...I am wondering what she's thinking at that very moment. You know my heart is so full of compassion for you on this matter of the heart....

October 18, 2005 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous parried...

Damn but you can write, my friend. Damn but you can feel.

October 21, 2005 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous parried...

As time turns the memory crystal and renders it forever young in its sweetness and profound sorrow, it both fills and leaves empty the void.

You do speak directly to my heart, dear one.

October 22, 2005 12:11 AM  
Blogger newwavegurly parried...

Your words rain down on me with a bittersweet melancholy.

I don't know what more to say than that, my friend... other than that you know you have a support system in place and you should lean on us in whatever way you need to.

October 24, 2005 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home