Thursday, August 11, 2011

Worlds beyond this one

Photobucket
Wind From The Sea (Detail) by Andrew Wyeth

Mostly Nothing

Being mostly nothing, I might attest to my time as such.
There were lofty shadows, the lacework afternoon
moving in curtains before an open window above me,
a feel of mother that has never left me in my need
for shelter and comfort found perfectly in a woman.

There were footsteps and misadventures in locomotion,
the fevered spinning set to bones at play, voices
sealing skies forever in a memory of ears and eyes,
weathers without name, days without purpose beyond
getting to the next and the thousands that follow that.

Look at me now, a year from sixty and already marked
by weariness of worlds beyond this one, scourged and
sainted in pressings of flesh well-forgotten and missed,
so dearly missed. Mostly nothing allows for this space,
to come at last to some embrace of mostly what I am not.

Joseph Gallo
August 11, 2011


Photobucket
Helga (Detail) by Andrew Wyeth

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan parried...

Very nice. Brevity laden with so much depth and the artwork accentuates it all.

August 13, 2011 10:06 AM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Thanks, Jan. I should mention that I did enhance the artwork, recropped, added some minor elements, here and there. For the record.

August 14, 2011 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

link to post:

Create a Link

<< Home