Thursday, June 05, 2014

When what happens

 photo Remember1.jpg

I Will Remember

I will remember you when blue jays squabble
in hedge clipper cries over new-scattered seed.

I will remember you when it’s time to drain the oil
and sit the dentist chair for my semi-annual cleaning.

I will remember you when there is nothing in the sky
but boring stars, the moon too indifferent to show up.

I will remember you when there’s nothing on TV,
nothing looks good to eat, there’s nowhere left to go.

I will remember you when complaining about something
I don’t even care about and most likely never will.

I will remember you when the rent’s due and the sheets
need changing between holy cycles of sacred laundry.

I will remember you at the end of the world, when
what happens could never have been guessed at at all.

I will remember you when sitting, standing, lying
alone waiting for sleep, sweet understanding sleep.

Joseph Gallo
May 5, 2014

 photo Remember2.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home