Wednesday, April 04, 2007

You a®e b®eaking the law ®eading this

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch®. ~Ga®®ison Keillor

The Little ® In The Ci®cle

I would w®ite this poem as it is fo®ming in my head,
but the ®ight wo®ds are not available. Ou® language
is being sold, one wo®d at a time. Whole ph®ases once
®eadily accessible have now gone the sad way of
pho®o®hacos and the pygmy ®hino. Soon we will not
be able to call this poet®y. F®ee exp®ession will be
outlawed. These a®e the stopwo®ds of ou® mode®n lives.
They find thei® way into the spoken channel to filte® out
all that is ®egiste®able and ®emune®able. ®ecipe books
will be called Obite® Didactica or Cassowa®y Ga®ble.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Co®po®ations have usu®ped the functionality of o®al
and w®ritten communication. Good luck sending g®andma
a get-well ca®d. That ®esume had bette® be p®ope®ly
licensed and paid fo®. The wo®ld has been t®adema®ked
into oblivion. Eventually, we will need passpo®ts to look
at the moon. You a®e most likely b®eaking the law ®eading
this as I am in w®iting it. We cannot be well, we’®e not
®ich enough to do good wo®k, and eve®y day it is becoming
mo®e and mo®e impossible to affo®dably keep in touch.

Joseph Gallo
Ap®ril 4, 2007


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger billie parried...

Oh my gosh - I love this!

April 05, 2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger Joni parried...

LOL This is great!

I think I'm going to copyright the word "Love". I will lurk in the dark of Love(R)'s Lanes listening in on coersive conversations and sweaty declarations. Just as someone lets the word slip, I will rise up with my flashlight and demand payment! I will be RICH. RICH I say!

But I expect I'd end up dead pretty quick. Oh well, it would make a great Monty Python skit! LOL

April 05, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

I'd suggest a word with more R's like little or tuba.

That way you can just embed the registered symbol circle where appropriate.

Uh, wait a minute . . .

April 05, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger S.A.M. Tanner parried...

Why is it that I cannot get the minions of the evil ones to even pay attention to me let alone comment upon my insanity and screechings? Theft is the most sincere form of flattery and I'm being dissed in a most egregious manner.

Phuque those clowns! (John Wayne Gacy was the harbinger of a new paradigm of disease)

(keep up the good work... someday it will be worthi it I pray)

Love,

S.A.M. Tanner

April 06, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Anica parried...

Hi Joe,

It is a sad state that we aren't able to express yourself.

Poetry cannot die because that is the language our souls speak. Spirits break when expression cannot be had.

Thank you for this.

April 08, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

S.A.M.: I hear ya' brutha. We must set aside the need for attention and continue on with the business of expressing. If nothing else, it's keeps homicide a day behind us and the want to, a day ahead ;-)

Anica: They've got a lot more words to register into detention before we have to start inventing new languages. Thankfully, I have a head start on that account. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, everybody.

April 08, 2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Marit Cooper parried...

Personally I favour copyleft to copyright, at least as long as nobody else makes more money from my work than I do :-)

April 10, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Marit: LOLOLOLOL Copyleft!

Love it. And I agree with you on the second part as well. The artist should be able to earn a reasonable amount, if not total proceeds from their work. Which is why a band or musician should NEVER sign with a big record company. They will devour the novice. Ultimately, it all comes down to whatever the parties agree to.

I just had to have a rale against the phrase Garrison uses to close every show. What? Are they afraid someone is going to make mugs or T-shirts with that saying on them? I guess they are.

But this issue goes beyond Keillor. So many words and phrases cannot be legally used because corporations have trademarked and copyrighted them.

When will it end?

The point of the poem was that eventually, the entire English language will be copyrighted and we'll have to pay to speak or write our expressive minds.

Thanks for stopping by, Marit, and folks: Please visit her website to see her incredible work. :-)

April 10, 2007 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home