Friday, December 01, 2006

Eleven minutes and change


From the haunting documentary film, Baraka
1992 - Produced by Mark Magidson & Directed by Ron Fricke
Music - The Host Of Seraphim by Dead Can Dance (7:15)


The Carnival Is Over
by Dead Can Dance (4:31)
(from Into The Labyrinth)

Outside
The storm clouds gathering
Move silently along the dusty boulevard
Where flowers turning crane their fragile necks
So they can in turn
Reach up and kiss the sky

They are driven by a strange desire
Unseen by the human eye
Someone's calling

I remember when you held my hand
In the park we would play
When the circus came to town
Look over here

Outside
The circus gathering
Move silently along the rainswept boulevard
The procession moved on the shouting is over
The fabulous freaks are leaving town

They are driven by a strange desire
Unseen by the human eye
Someone is calling
The carnival is over

We sat and watched
As the moon rose again
For the very first time.

5 Comments:

Blogger billie parried...

I used to love Dead Can Dance - haven't listened to them in a long while... time to dig those CD's out...:)

billie

December 01, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Timeless music for timeless people. I have both Brendan's solo Eye Of A Hunter & Lisa's Duality. Plus an assortment of digital DCD songs. Let me know if you wish me to float you some via the errancy of the cyber-ether. :-)

December 01, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger laozilover parried...

"That's Nice!"

December 02, 2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger billie parried...

I came across Into the Labyrinth yesterday while ferreting out the Scottish Christmas CD... :) Found more I haven't heard in awhile, so I'm bringing those upstairs to my garret to have on hand while writing.

I haven't heard the solo ones you mention - would love to have a sample if/when you get the chance.

billie

December 03, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gallo parried...

Glad you like, Laozi! :-)

Billie: I'll send you some later today. Hope the novel(s) are coming along well...

December 04, 2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home